When the Words Won't Come



There have been times when I sit down to pray and absolutely nothing is there.  It's not something that just started happening. I have struggled with this throughout the years, and it's very discouraging and frustrating.

The other night, I was actually at prayer meeting, and I sat there with NO words. I knew the things I needed to pray about, but I couldn't even figure out how to put them into words.

That sounds so weird, doesn't it? ESPECIALLY when my strongest desire is to be a woman of prayer...so I should know how to pray. How difficult is it talking to God anyway?!

That's when God put it on my heart to do a deep and thorough study about what prayer actually is. Not just a generic, "Prayer is talking to God," and be done with it. I'm going to do it!  I'm about to go deep into the Bible with every instance.

So, while I can't really identify the sporadic roadblocks that occur (they're different every time it happens), I know that God has a purpose in this mission.

Maybe instead of just being frustrated by the places where I struggle in prayer, I need to let those places make me hungry to understand prayer more deeply.

So....that's what I'm going to do.

I'm going to dig. 
I'm going to study. 
I'm going to learn.

And most of all.....I just want to soak it all up.  

(And I think I would be doing you all a disservice to gatekeep what I learn, so I may just make a thread on prayer.  :)  

Comments