Lettuce Discuss My Lack of Follow-Through

 

He Called & She Answered blog by Jill Wass



Y'all....I have a confession to make......I am not consistent.

There. I said it!
Shocker...right?  Probably not! :) 

I have SO many great ideas. And when I have these ideas, I fully believe in them. I don't casually think, Hey, maybe I'll do this.

No. I have a PLAN.

I'm going to write a Month of Letters! 
I'm going to stay consistent with the Reflection posts!
I'm going to do this every week!
I'm going to keep up with that every month!
And when I say these things......I really DO mean them with my whole heart.

Then...life happens.

Someone needs me, something comes up, I get busy. I get distracted. I start another project (CLASSIC!). Or....I simply forget that MOTIVATED ME made a commitment that REGULAR ME is now apparently responsible for fulfilling.

It's kind of like ordering groceries. IYKYK, right?!  HAHA!
Like, sometimes when I'm placing the order, I am a COMPLETELY different woman!

Fresh fruit? Absolutely!
Vegetables? Load up the cart!
Healthy snacks? Of course!

Apparently, I believe that FUTURE ME is going to be standing in the kitchen happily chopping vegetables and preparing beautiful little bowls of fresh fruit. Which, is HAS happened....but not as often as I imagine it would.  

A week later....I'm staring at the broccoli and romaine in the refrigerator like...
We both had such high hopes for you.😂

"I wish I was as creative and motivated when I actually MADE this grocery order."

That's pretty much how I feel about HALF the things I say I'm going to do. The intentions and ideas weren't fake. I really DID want to do them. I just apparently make plans as though nothing unexpected will ever happen again for the rest of my life.

And at almost 50 years old, you would think I'd know better. HAHA!

So....if you've ever noticed that I started something and then it mysteriously disappeared...

The Month of Letters.
The Reflection posts.

Probably twelve other things I've announced with great enthusiasm and then quietly abandoned somewhere along the road...

I'm aware. 😂

I'm not giving up on being more consistent. I really do want to get better at following through.

I'm starting to laugh at myself a little more. Because sometimes life gets busy. Sometimes a good idea doesn't fit into real life the way it fit inside my head. And sometimes.....the strawberries go bad.

Again.

Apparently we're ALL a work in progress. 😊🩷

Comments