His Train Filled the Temple: The Night God Turned Scripture Into Worship


Last night, as I  prayed, “Your train, it fills the temple.” God said, "Look that up, go study it." 

I knew it was Scripture, and I knew I felt strongly impressed to say it, but the Lord must've known that I wasn't fully understanding the weight of those words.

In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. - 
Isaiah 6:1

So I started reading and studying what it meant. And I’m telling you...as I read..... I was just....poured out.  I don't even know how to explain it, really.  

Full-blown tears.
Adoration.
Worship.
The presence of God came over me so strongly, and I was just so lost in Him.

The word "train" refers to the flowing hem or skirt of a king's royal robe. I learned that the train of a king’s robe represented his majesty, his authority, his honor, and his victories. Some ancient kings would even lengthen their robes after great victories. The larger the train, the greater the glory and the more impressive the king appeared.
  
But Isaiah didn’t just say that the Lord had a long train. He said that His train FILLED the temple.

The hem of His garment.
The edge of His robe.

That alone FILLED the entire temple!

It means there was no room left for anything else. God's glory, majesty, and authority completely saturated His dwelling place. Every corner of the temple testified to His greatness.

Can you even imagine that?!

If just the train of His robe filled the temple, how great must the One wearing it be?

It brought the whole passage alive to me!  

No wonder the seraphim covered their faces!
No wonder the doorposts moved!
No wonder the temple filled with smoke!
No wonder Isaiah said, “Woe is me! for I am undone.”  (I certainly felt like that last night!)

Because when you truly catch even a glimpse of the holiness and majesty of God, you become very aware of just how great He is and how small you are.

And yet, you don’t want to run away. 
You want to fall down.
You want to worship.
You want to stay right there in His presence.

But what really overwhelmed me last night was realizing that God knew. When He instructed me to pray, “Your train fills the temple,” He already knew what kind of response I'd have when He led me to that verse and began opening it up to me.

He knew I'd be moved to tears, and be overwhelmed with worship. He knew that I would become completely lost in His presence. He knew that those words wouldn't just give me understanding, but they would lead me into an encounter with Him.

WOW, GOD!

He can place something in your spirit before your mind fully understands it, and then He'll lead you into the meaning of it at exactly the right time. And when He does, it's so much more than knowledge. It becomes revelation and worship. It becomes a moment with Him that you KNOW you'll never forget.

It's crazy too, because I was telling Justin about it this morning and he asked if I watched Bro. Johnson's video from a few weeks ago.  Sadly, I'm about 3 weeks behind.  He said, "Now I remember what it was about.  It was about the train filling the temple, the fullness of the Godhead."  

WHAT?!  So, you know what I'm about to do when I jump off of here. :)  I'm headed over to listen to what my dear friend has to say about that! 

Last night, the words “His train filled the temple” became more than a verse to me. They became a doorway into the majesty of God. And I am still......undone.

Comments